When it comes to building WordPress sites on a budget there are some great plugins available. Everyone enjoys taking advantage of free programs and software as long as they work and don’t break anything. After much time exploring and using many different plugins, I give you my opinion of the top 5 free plugins to use and apply to your website.
1. Yoast SEO by Yoast is top of the list. It is essential for adding everything you need in order to be found by most all search engines including Google’s. Installing the plugin on your website is just the beginning, knowing how to use it will help you bring your ranking up. Making sure that your titles and meta tags are set up correctly is just a simple step that can increase your website’s visibility in search results, helping you become more superior in organic searches above other competitive businesses.
2. WP Add Custom CSS by Daniele De Santis is one of my favorite CSS editors. The great thing about this plugin is that you can create custom styles for all pages or just a single page at a time making customized styling quick and simple.
3. Contact Form 7 by Takayuki Miyoshi is a great plugin for creating and duplicating contact forms. It is quick and simple to build a customized form that you can add CSS styling to make your form stand out from the rest of the page.
4. Flamingo by Takayuki Miyoshi and megumithemes is the perfect plugin when combined with Contact Forms 7. It creates a database to store all the completed form entries when they are submitted making it possible to see all the times as well as people that filled in your Contact Form 7 forms.
5. Shortcodes Ultimate by MadFork and Vladimir Anokhin. This power pack allows you to put content into your site without going through all the rough code that can break your pages or website. Shortcodes Ultimate makes building content quick and easy.